NewsPizza, get your pizza beer here. A Chicago brewpub is making a beer out of pizza. From what the news story says, they are making a beer with real pizza in it. I guess pizza and beer are good together, but this is ridiculous.
Morimoto Imperial Pilsner
- Rogue Brewing Company is based out of Newport, Oregon and opened in 1988 making it a pioneer in craft brewing. They are known for their penchant for more experimental beer styles.
- Rogue is available in most places including: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin. Yeah, thats a lot of states.
- Weighs in at an impressive 8.8% abv, which for a Pilsner is very strong. Which also means think before you try to operate your car after downing one of these.
- It’s made from four ingredients: water, yeast, French Pilsner Malt, and Sterling hops.
- As for the taste…think kind of citrus, but not like chewing on an orange, more like a mild grapefruit. You may also taste some more sweetness here that we haven't found in other Pilsners.
- Also, a quick note about the bottle, its a cool 750 ml cermanic bottle with a swing top.
- Now if you can’t get this beer, there are several other Double/Imperial Pilsners out there including Golden Shower from Dogfish Head, or you may want to go into your local micro brewery like Rock Bottom, sometimes if they have an adventurous brewer they may try something like this.