In episode three we talk about Yuengling. It's sort of hometown beer for all of PA where we are from. We know we are breaking the rules a bit by talking about a beer without nationwide distribution, but hey it's our show
Slow week for news, however coming up on the horizon is the American Craft Beer Week May 13th-20th. Good excuse to go have a beer.
- Means "Young Man" in German
- From Pottsville, PA and available in Alabama, Delware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, PA, South Carolina, Virginia, and DC.
- If you don't see it now, you may in the future because this is the 6th biggest brewery in the country, right behind Boston Beer Company. Known as America's Oldest Brewery.
- Great first step beer, it actaully has some taste, but isn't too impossing, not huge on bitterness or on sweetness (hoppyness of maltyness).
- A beer we grew up with: If you are in PA you just order a "Lager"
We stay on the east coast for our next show and talk about Sam Adam's Boston Lager, we promise this time.